The reference in clear aligner education
Can we treat kids in mixed dentition with clear aligners? That question is often asked. Will they wear the aligners? The answers: Yes and yes!
Young patients have been wearing appliances through the years and have excellent compliance. Appliances that are a lot more challenging to wear than aligners (twin blocks, Haas, split plates, quad helix, headgear, etc...).
Teeth are not selective, and whether it is primary or permanent teeth, as long as you apply a constant force and they are not blocked or ankylosed, they will move!
With kids, we want to prevent problems, keep space, maintain space and/or regain space that we have lost for some reason. This course is more than just how to treat mixed dentition cases with clear aligners.
Preventive and interceptive orthodontic treatment is sometimes unclear because it implies that if we do it correctly if we intercept a problem, there will be no need for further orthodontic treatment. Which is, most of the time, not true! Intercepting a problem and preventing some problems will be very helpful in reducing the severity of problems but rarely is so successful that later treatment becomes unnecessary. Our responsibility as primary care providers is to see the problems, understand the consequences they could bring and inform the parents/patients about them.
In this course, you will learn the following:
- Review the growth and development principles;
- Review the development of occlusion;
- Define age-appropriate treatment
- How to manage space
- Review the type of treatments
- Treatment planning phase I cases
- Review the mechanics applied to mixed dentition cases
- Determine how to maintain until phase II (phase I retention)
- Show examples of treated cases with clear aligners
- Be comfortable diagnosing and treating phase I patients with clear aligners.
- Prevent problems and prepare patients for upcoming phase II treatment.
- Know what to look for and what to monitor with mixed dentition patients
- Determine the right time, or the appropriate age, to treat
- Part 1 - Introduction
- Part 2 - Growth and development
- Part 3 - Development of occlusion
- Part 4 - Space analysis
- Part 5 - Examination in primary dentition
- Part 6 - Ectopic eruption of 1st permanent molar
- Part 7 - Space management
- Part 8 - Anterior and posterior crossbites
- Part 9 - Open bites
- Part 10 - Phase I with clear aligners
- Part 11 - Case example #1
- Part 12 - Case example #2
- Part 13 - Case example #3
- Part 14 - Case example #4
- Part 15 - Conclusion
Prerequisite: This course is for dentists
CE hours: 8.5 CE hours
Subject code: 370 Orthodontics
Availability: 365 days from your registration date
Instructor: Dr. Stephane Reinhardt, DMD (bio)
*It is the responsibility of each course attendee to verify the requirements of the province or state licensing board(s) to ensure CE hours are applied for license renewal.
THE C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE was born from the need expressed by dentists to have access to quality education and personalized follow-up in connection to everything related to clear aligners. Dr Stéphane Reinhardt, director of the education program for THE C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE explains:
"Seeing that clear aligners aroused an increasing interest among dentists, an elaborate "in person" course program was developed and delivered to the dentists and their teams, so that they could integrate clear aligners efficiently and successfully in their day to day practice".
THE C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE has accompanied thousands of dentists in Canada and the United States in their understanding of clear aligners, bringing them confidence that clinical success and financial success are possible aligners in a serious, efficient and successful manner. They have confidence and now understand, thanks to THE C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE, that clinical and financial successes are possible with transparent aligners.
The year 2021 marks an important stage in the development of THE C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE with the launch of an e-learning platform to facilitate access to its courses and expertise to as many dentists as possible.
As mentioned by Dr. Reinhardt, "See it to believe it. Learn it to understand it. Use it to master it! There has never been a better time to MAKE THE MOVE !
The C.L.E.A.R. INSTITUTE, Entertaining your Clear Aligner Education!
You may be interested by
Stay informed, stay aligned!
By subscribing to our newsletter, you will receive monthly updates on CLEAR tips and tricks, interesting articles to read, answers to your questions, quizzes, updates and more on the clear aligner world.
Always to facilitate your understanding, integration and mastering of clear aligners.